700 Shepherd Street, Hendersonville NC, 28792
Open Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm
Let's Get Started
Our excellence is built upon our employees and their dedication to the success of our customers. We pride ourselves on our people and their ability to provide innovative solutions. Our commitment is to provide opportunities for continuous growth through personal and professional development. We look for dynamic individuals who desire to work for an international customer focused organization.
The goal of this position is to develop and execute a company training program to benefit all levels of the organization. This will require an in-depth understanding of the various positions and processes across the company, development of training programs to improve skills and assist employees in developing themselves for career advancement. The Training Manager may implement his or her own training or may access 3rd party training, depending on the situation.
During the hiring process, the training manager will be responsible for:
- Creating skill / capability profile requirements for all positions while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Developing means for assessing candidate skills versus position profile requirements.
- Identifying method for identifying skill gaps and developing program for employees to fill these gaps.
- Onboarding all new employees (hourly, salaried, and temporary)
Training in the Production Process:
- Develop familiarity with departmental entry level SOPs
- Create and/or improve methods for training employees (in-person, videos, etc.)
- Identify tools to accommodate employees with language differences or other unique needs
- Identify and learn specific entry levels training skills in the production departments.
- Work closely with managers and technicians to learn production positions and gauge employee performance to determine where skills are lacking.
- Have the ability to determine and utilize the best teaching methods in a given situation for the highest results
- Review existing training programs (ex. Safety) and offer suggestions for improving effectiveness.
- Coach employees on development paths that will assist them in gaining skills for promotion.
- Complete federal or state mandated training programs
- Offer remote and in-person learning
- Develop and track training hours per employee
- Organize basic computer training
- Create or access programs addressing soft skills such as conflict resolution, etc.
- Create or access English language training
- Arrange life-skill training such as household budgeting
- Conduct surveys to determine the effectiveness of programs.
- Travel to other locations for training projects (SAC)
- Work flexible shifts as needed.
Increased levels of responsibilities may include:
- Phase II – Working with Managers and Engineers to develop means of error-proofing processes
- Phase III – Training all positions in the plant with regards to SOP’s
- Phase III – Train other trainers in each department
Education: Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field.
Primary requirement of 3 to 5 years experience teaching/training in vocation education
Additional experience to include either:
- Hands on experience in either corporate or business training;
- 3 to 5 years teaching experience in high school or higher level education
Special Requirements/skills: Candidate must have very strong communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of education. Bi-lingual, English/Spanish, is a plus. Proficient computer skills.
Production Workers/Hourly Employees
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- It is prefered to have scored at least a Silver Career Readiness Certificate on the Work Keys Assessment through NC Works in the JobLink Office at Blue Ridge Community College. www.blueridge.edu/ncworks